Calling Speakers for the 2016 ISS Expo
in Las Vegas, April 26-28!
The Inside Self-Storage World Expo is now accepting speaker proposals for its 2016 event, April 26-28, at the Paris Hotel & Resort in Las Vegas. If you're interested in presenting an education seminar, submit a proposal now!
The deadline for submissions is July 10.
Seminars should be educational and non-promotional in nature. ISS will not tolerate the peddling of goods and services during the education program. Judging criteria includes but is not limited to significance of the topic to the industry, originality, and credentials of the presenter.
During the submission process, please be prepared to provide:
- Proposed speaker contact information
- Proposed speaker biography
- Proposed session title
- Proposed session summary, including five bullet points explaining what attendees can expect to learn during the presentation
- A summary of the audience for the session (i.e., owners, investors, developers, managers, newbies, seasoned operators, etc.)
- A video clip of the proposed speaker (optional)
- Representative contact information (optional)
- Additional speaker information and biography (optional)
Here’s a good example of a session topic, description and bullets from the 2015 event:
An Overview of the Self-Storage Investment Market
The self-storage investment market has matured. Understanding the new reality of property valuations, embedded value, transaction processes, portfolio building, debt markets, and the pros and cons of third-party management are imperative to your success as a property owner or investor. Our presenter will provide you with a helpful overview of the investment market.
You will learn:
- How to maximize your net operating income and, therefore, your property value
- An overview of the transaction process
- How to value an underperforming property
- Where we are in the real estate cycle
- Market opportunities for today's entrepreneurs
Below is a partial list of proposed session topics, based on attendee requests and feedback. If you're interested in more than one topic, you must submit a separate and complete proposal for each. Be creative! Fresh topics based on current trends are highly desirable.
Proposed Session Topics:
Add-On Profit Centers
If your seminar is chosen for the program, you will be notified via the e-mail address provided in your proposal. Due to the large number of applications received, notifications will not be sent for proposals that are not selected.
If you have questions, please contact ISS Expo Education Director Shilo Lusson at email@example.com.